Saturday, January 3, 2015

Electric Box 2

I confess to having quite the affinity for puzzle games. I like the mental challenge, and even more so, I enjoy the gratifying feeling when you finally crack the code after laboring over it until you nearly want to chuck something across the room. Which brings me to Electric Box.
The basic premise of EB is fairly simple. You have a power source. Then you have a target that needs power, which appears in the form of an atom. Your goal is to use the various tools offered to you to get an electrical current to the desired location. some appear on the play area and cannot be manipulated. Then you have a 'toolbox' with everything else you would need to clear the stage. Some objects require power in order for them to work while some will only work in conjunction with another object. There's even a hamster, so there's no telling what I have yet to encounter.
It sounds simple enough, but the levels get progressively more difficult at a nice, brisk pace. You get scored for each stage, and you have an overall score, so there's some replay value as well. The one down side, in my opinion, is that there are only forty stages. Forty is plenty, don't get me wrong, and it'll take some time to get past some stages. But when I heard forty, I was slightly disappointed, only because I hunger for more!
I pretty much like everything about this game. The interface is simple and clean and all the blue not only doesn't bother me, but it's seems like any more color would just make it seem too busy. Directions and explanations are unobtrusive and cleverly tongue-in-cheek. Ambient music neither embellishes nor hinders the game experience, which is fine. Best of all, this is the sequel and I have yet to play the original. (o -o)b

No comments:

Post a Comment