Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Missing Maple Story


Okay, I want to rage for a second, because now I'm sad, and annoyed, and kinda pissed because I miss Maple Story. But ironically, its host, Nexon, and a host of hackers, script kiddies, and other assorted nuisances managed to ruin it. And not just for me, but for thousands of others. Thousands. Two years or so removed from my exodus from MS and nothing has changed. I played Maple Story for years, going back to when Aqua Road was first released, and its been one of the few free games that I willingly spent money on. Years spent grinding for weeks just to get one level. Years spent getting my main to Shadower. Only to see Nexon nerf the experience table and make all my efforts for naught. 

So, if I ever entertain any thoughts of returning, to piece together the tattered remains of my infiltrated account, this is not what I want to return to. The game is one of my all-time favorites, and one of the most broken I've ever seen. Below is a video of what I miss from Maple Story, and also what is missing from it today. Oh, and credits for the vid go to Dray86. Never met the guy, but I've loved his stuff for years. Thanks bro.


1 comment:

  1. Well, once I started talking about it I had to check it out. in my opinion, the game is worse off than ever. I know a lot of people will disagree, but if you were around during the earlier years of MS, you'd probably not be happy with what you saw. The lag is worse, but mostly in towns from what I've seen. Oh, and I got a free Boomerang Step 30 skill book. Honestly, this is the sort of general trend in games that just pisses me off. But I'm back, so maybe I'll put some time back into the game. My account got hit and run. They didn't get much. So why not? But Nexon will never see another penny from me for screwing this amazing game up.

    ReplyDelete