Wednesday, November 28, 2012

La Tale


I took a trip down memory lane today and added La Tale to my library of games. La Tale is hosted by OGPlanet and has been around a few years now. I remember playing it quite a while ago and enjoyed it. Don't remember why I drifted away from it, but it was most likely to focus on something else. From what I've seen so far, not much has changed in the time that has passed, both good and bad.

La Tale's gameplay is reminiscent of Maple Story: side-scrolling, 2-D, with cutesy graphics. There isn't a whole lot of flash here, though I've never gotten far enough to experience the big boss battles. The game has all the elements you want from a game, but there really isn't anything that makes it stand out. But it is fun to play, which definitely counts for something, and, oh, did I mention the cuteness? It falls way short of the epic scope of Maple Story, but at a measly 1.2GB it doesn't hurt to keep it around.

However, not everything about this game is cute. The translation is just.. wow, not so great. And for a game that's pretty low-tech, it lags awfully bad. You'll get to learn what it feels like to be a rubber-band. But like I said, its not a big commitment, so its still worth checking out. It also makes me feel nostalgic for Maple Story, lag and all, though from what I've heard, the problems that drove me away from MS are more pronounced, persistent, and, unfortunately, game-breaking. Lastly, they could have done a way better job on the trailer. Mad me laugh, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment