Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mad Father




Mad Father is a Japanese survival-horror game made by Sen of Miscreant Room. I got into this one because there really isn't any other top-down, old-school, 2d survival horror games out there. They manage to execute it masterfully.
The basic story centers around a young girl named Aya, who finds herself captive at the hands of the souls of her mad scientist father's experiments. There is some combat, but mostly you progress through the game by solving puzzles. I find myself getting stuck a lot, but not to the point where I get too frustrated. The music and general style of the game create a great setting.
This is a pretty solid game, and I'm still kinda stuck, but there seems to be quite a lot more game for me to explore, and plenty of hidden surprises (the game folder is 55+mb). The game has quite a cult following, and there's even a wikia page for it. I can totally get why. 



No comments:

Post a Comment