Friday, November 2, 2012

Cubelands


Cubelands is one of the many Minecraft clones out there. It comes via a Germany-based (I believe) company named Upjers. They have a variety of other browser games on their site- ones that most people will be familiar with in other incarnations, but others offer a bit of a new spin to them.

Cubelands itself is pretty solid. I took a peek at it a while back, when it was still closed beta (maybe), and it is much change since I was last there. I'm glad they removed the tool requirements for mining and a lot of the other elements that were present in the earlier stages. Overall, I feel the game is headed in a positive direction. It still has a long way to go before it can properly compete with Minecraft, but the low, low price of nothing, you can't go wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I was starting to get frustrated with this one. I like how if you complete quests you can unlock different cubes that you would otherwise have to pay for, but the quests are tedious and repetitive. But apparently after you do a certain amount of them they start to change, so cool. Also, I'm up to 13 different cubes I believe, enough to actually work with. Will post pics when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete