Sunday, November 4, 2012

Torn


Torn is yet another text-based game I've just started playing (seeing a pattern here?). This one is really put together well. If there was such a thing as a high-end text game this would be it. The site has a very clean look to it, and I love you have a pull-out quest tab and how the background logo is also the chatbox. There's even a neat tutorial video to get you started. I realize this is an oxymoron, but this is pretty cutting edge. It's no wonder the game touts itself as the biggest text game out there, and you can usually find thousands of players on even at the oddest hours.

The game itself is reminiscent of a lot of others, just better in general. Torn City is a seedy underbelly of crime and corruption. You got to learn to survive and thrive by committing crime, or get a 9 to 5 and go to school if that's more your thing, or just work out at the gym (a la GTA: San Andreas) to boost your stats. I've only just gotten started so I'm anxious to see what else Torn City has in store for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment